Rotterdam International Duet Choreography Competition 2022
23 jun20:00 - 21:451e halve finale
24 jun20:00 - 21:452e halve finale
25 jun20:00 - 22:00Finale
RIDCC is the only annual dance festival for choreographic talent that includes a duet competition.In June 2022 international dance talent from all over the world will travel to Rotterdam for the fourth edition of the Rotterdam International Duet Choreography Competition (RIDCC). A must for all dance lovers! Sixteen choreographic talents present multi-styled, innovative, and remarkable duets, while competing for outstanding awards.
RIDCC is very excited to present this vibrant and unique event, where sixteen chosen ones – from more than 400 contestants – will compete for outstanding awards. During the preliminaries on June 23rd and 24th you will witness the sixteen, multi-styled duets. On Saturday June 25th we conclude the festival with a grand finale, showing the duets selected by a renowned jury. From these selected duets, the jury will determine the winner of the XL Production Award, while RIDCC’s partners choose the winners of the Partner Awards from all sixteen participants. Finally, while enjoying drinks from the open bar and a bite to eat, you will decide which talented choreographer gets granted the Audience Award. Former dancer and Dutch actor Jan Kooijman will keep the audience in suspense, announcing the festival’s winners during a festive award ceremony.
The winner of the main prize, the XL Production Award, (worth € 100.00) will receive the unique opportunity to make a new autonomous production at Scapino Ballet Rotterdam with a guarantee of a tour through the country. The partners of RIDCC, national and international renowned companies, select the winners of these Partner Awards. The participating partners in 2022 are Avant Garde Dance (London UK), Club Guy and Roni, Codarts Rotterdam, Conny Janssen Danst, Dansateliers, Introdans, Korzo, Maas Theater & Dans, Dutch National Ballet, Nederlands Dans Theater, MiR Dance Company Gelsenkirchen (Germany), SALLY and Skånes Dansteater (Malmö Sweden). Finally, you decide which talented choreographer deserves the Audience Award.
Book your tickets now and discover the work of a new generation of dance artists.
The program for the first semi-final, Thursday 23 June, is as follows:
1. Mehdi Berdai – “Chaos”
2. Liam Francis – “Where to Start?”
3. Lotem Regev – “Nature”
4. Alesya Dobysh & Marina Pravkina – “Possessed”
5. Juan Tirado & Marco di Nardo – “Ordinary People”
6. Megan Doheny & Ilya Nikurov – “Escape”
7. Noam Segal & Tamara Dekel – “With Four Hands”
8. Paxton Ricketts & Boston Gallacher – “J O Y drafts: an incomplete list”
The program for the second semi-final, Friday 24 June, is as follows:
1. Anat Oz – “Introtention Coda”
2. Beatriz Mira & Tiago Barreiros – “Corrente”
3. Selene Martello & Dario Wilmington – “We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness”
4. Vittorio Pagani – “Around 5:65”
5. Olivia Court Mesa & in collaboration with Yochai Ginton – “I Carry, you hold”
6. Charles Antoni – “Nowhere but blue”
7. Emrecan Tanis – “Fragment”